Scammers are everywhere, and it seems like they never stop trying to rip off innocent people. Unfortunately, things are no different when it comes to buying solar panel systems. The solar industry is growing rapidly and more people are becoming more interested in learning about solar energy, so scammers have really started to take notice. They will do anything to try and get your credit card and information, including pretending they are salespeople, stopping by your house, calling, or emailing you. Some will install cheap solar panels with no warranties and then disappear off the face of the earth. Avoid these scammers by working with a reputable Go Solar Energy agent.
What To Look Out For
Scammers come in all shapes and sizes, but here are some tips to help you avoid solar energy scammers:
- Don’t Sign Anything Right Away- Some scammers will push you to sign up with them right away. They will try to bully you into buying by telling you that if you do not sign up right then and there you will lose out on their incredible deal. Do not sign! Anything! No reputable solar company will push you to purchase right away or bully you into signing a contract. Go Solar Energy will always go over all of the different solar plans available to you and guide you to the best one for your needs. We will always leave it up to you to sign up when you are ready.
- Do Not Allow Anyone to Work on Your House Without A Contract– Other scammers will begin working on your home without first having a contract in place. They will provide you with a “free estimate” and consider that your contract. Companies will do this to scam you for extra money and then will not complete the job, or will install cheap solar panels that do not work or break, and then will not respond to your phone calls or messages.
- Watch Out For People Pretending to Be Government Workers– Scammers will come to your house or call you, pretending to be government workers and suggesting that you purchase a solar energy system. Always ask for proof of I.D.
- Check The Warranty– Scammers will not provide you with a warranty at all or will give you a very minimal warranty on your system, so if something goes wrong, they do not have to make it right.
- Research Before Signing– You can spot scammers if you do a little bit of research into what they are offering, and what your options are when it comes to solar energy systems. For example, many scammers will offer you a deal that includes “free” solar panels, but there is usually a catch. Or, they may not make you aware that you have multiple options to finance solar panel systems, including by leasing or purchasing the system with a loan. If they do not offer you these options, they are not a reputable company. Scammers will also lie about tax benefits or will fail to tell you that there are tax advantages to owning a solar system.
Why Go Solar Energy Is Popular
Go Solar Energy is a reputable company that provides high-quality service to people in the communities we serve. We take pride in finding each of our customers a solar energy system plan that offers the most savings on the highest quality panels. The companies we work with are top rated and offer highly efficient solar panels. We have a 5 star rating from our customers, and are backed by the Better Business Bureau.
If you are interested in learning about solar energy or are considering purchasing a solar panel system, we can compare all plans in your area, at no cost to you. Our agents are highly trained and will answer any questions you have, as well as notify you of any and all tax benefits, incentives, and rebates to help you save as much money as possible. Most companies we work with offer warranties of 25 years or more, so you will know that you are protected if something goes wrong with your system.
To get free instant quotes, simply enter your zip code in the bar on our homepage, or to speak to one of our agents, call 888-290-3112.